While waiting patiently for our HoloLens devices to arrive we've started putting together a fun little project that's become a useful test environment for some of the concepts we're interested in exploring-- Project Blocks
I've been reliving my toddler years by playing with blocks in the HoloLens emulator, which is fun on its own. Building mega-structures out of kiddie blocks with an actual HoloLens should be a blast!
This video shows some of the in-progress systems we're exploring
- Animated SpatialMapping shaders
- Tag-along user interface (thanks HoloToolkit!)
- Plane finding, especially important when physics are involved (again, thanks HoloToolkit!)
- Simple vertex-lit shader (all objects aside from SpatialMapping in one draw call)
- Object placement with air-tap
- Object placement with drag gestures (shown briefly at 0:37)
- HoloLens input module for Unity's EventSystem
More to come, including a public release once our devices arrive and we get some proper testing done.